Knife Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which kinda knife fish, there's several different kinds.

But off the top of my head I know they need pretty doggone big tanks on average.

Brown could probably do fine in a 55 for life and BGK at least a 125 I'd say. They should both be fed frozen foods primarily blood worms but as they get grow (very slow process) they should be switched to earth worms and carnivore pellets. My BGK also likes pieces of ripped up shrimp.

Brown could probably do fine in a 55 for life and BGK at least a 125 I'd say. They should both be fed frozen foods primarily blood worms but as they get grow (very slow process) they should be switched to earth worms and carnivore pellets.

Ok so about the brown...Can you answer the other questions for it?
Would it be fine in the 46gal euro aquarium petsmart sells

Ok so about the brown...Can you answer the other questions for it?
Would it be fine in the 46gal euro aquarium petsmart sells

What are the dimensions of it? The width would have to be at least 12" and length at least 4'.

@vanimal: check out 14 or so of the 20 other threads he's posted. These questions have been asked and answered six ways from sunday. Hence the sigh

Try to be nice guys... At least he isn't impulse buying these fish. He is doing the right thing by asking questions.

Needs a monster tank. 2.5'+ deep 7-8' long. They reach upwards of 30"+.

He's already asked about if they might work in 46g. No sense in even suggesting a CK.

Stop hating! So many people on this site are A holes. He jumped in late, try to be nicer. People these days... Smh

Stop hating! So many people on this site are A holes. He jumped in late, try to be nicer. People these days... Smh

Lol so that makes it ok to give a awful suggestion or advise? Because you "jumped in late" and didn't read the thread?

Way to contribute kid.

Because first off nothing in my response was rude or angry. I simply stated that a clown knife is a monster fish in its own right. They need massive tanks. Far greater then a 46g.

But what do I know... I'm just a A-hole right? :/

Good talk...

Back
Top Bottom