LFS and fancy Plecos...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have any luck getting "fancy" plecos from there LFS? "royal", "golden nugget", "king tiger", "yellow king tiger" etc... All I can find are common,bristlenose and rubber lips.

There's a few places here that carry some, Petland usually has a few less common ones, but they keep their tanks in pretty poor condition and their customer service at that particular store is a total fail so I don't buy any fish there.

I think the reason why most LFS don't carry the rarer plecos is because they are harder to find and if you get them through a farm they cost a lot and there probably just isn't many people willing to pay $25+ for a single pleco.

True, but stinks. There some pretty ones out there and online is out! They want like 40-50 bucks then shipping. It's crazy. I asked my guy to see what he can do. He said because of winter it's harder to get certain things. We'll see....

You might ask severum mama to see what kind of stock/access she has to what you're looking for.

If you can go for a drive there are a few places up here (westchester ) and one shop over the bridge that has a ton of Plecos. You name it they have it. Their tanks are clean and fish are healthy. I have a few from them with no problem. Last time I was there they had 5 zebras for $300 a piece. As well as royal, golden, medusa, long finned, sail finned you name it. The name of the shop was pet place II I think. Give me a min and I'll post the link.

skiweeangel said:
If you can go for a drive there are a few places up here (westchester ) and one shop over the bridge that has a ton of Plecos. You name it they have it. Their tanks are clean and fish are healthy. I have a few from them with no problem. Last time I was there they had 5 zebras for $300 a piece. As well as royal, golden, medusa, long finned, sail finned you name it. The name of the shop was pet place II I think. Give me a min and I'll post the link.

I would definitely take a ride! I'll google it now.

It all depends on what your LFS stocks. Here, the LFS keeps their full-grown adult rare plecs in the discus display tank. If you can't find them, you can always try AquaBid.

bruinsbro1997 said:
It all depends on what your LFS stocks. Here, the LFS keeps their full-grown adult rare plecs in the discus display tank. If you can't find them, you can always try AquaBid.

Thanks bro....

Does anyone have any luck getting "fancy" plecos from there LFS? "royal", "golden nugget", "king tiger", "yellow king tiger" etc... All I can find are common,bristlenose and rubber lips.

I was able to get my LFS to special order a royal and a golden nugget.

wow, those reviews are not nice. But anyway, just went to pet place 2 and picked up the two congo tetras to finish off that school and a few giant danios. he also gave me a few free MTS for my sand substrate tank.

Back
Top Bottom