need some fish help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newcomer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well here's my problem I just needed to know what kind of algea eater would be good in a community tank with a bunch of mix and match of finish? Also My betta just attacked one of my new fish. he took the other fishes eye out? He was bleeding but now 16 hours later he's still swimming around and seems to be doing good? Any help on what to do with me betta? Would a divider inside the tank be good for a while. My betta's old and well not going to be here for much longer, so would a divider be useful for the rest of the time.....

The beta may just be getting territorial...... I just added a couple of fish and one of my fish went nuts and started brawling with the new ones and then started beating up on the other inhabitants as well.......... I found out that it was just showing it's dominance and that a good portion of the tank is it's territory.......Things have settled down now and may for yours as well so I don't think a divider will be required (well unless the beta is killing all your fish)... as far as the alage eater question..... you may just want to check with your lfs and explain what you have for fish already...... :slurp:

betas are aggressive but if it is only happening with new fish that is probably why.... honestly I have never had much luck with betas (they always have been very aggressive for me)......even the cichlid tank I have now isn't as bad as the old tanks (I used to have) with one beta and other misc. fish............ Good luck! :drinking:

If the betta is still showing aggression towards the other fish, and still physically harming them, he will need to be removed and put into another tank....1 gallon or larger.

As far as the algae eater. It depends on what size tank you have....some of them get extremely large. What is the sizr of your tank?

well the betta has been blocked off in the same tank with his original tree's and stuff, the other fish have the 2/3 of the rest of the 10 gallon tank.. as far as the algea eater I would need something that would not get to big :?:

Sweet I tried an normal algea eater. it will work but the damn thing is super fast hard to catch. well thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom