Nutrition for Badis and Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a pair of clown killifish and scarlet badis that refuse to eat anything I give to them. All they eat are the copepods clinging to the walls of the aquarium. What can I give them that they will eat?

They eat frozen daphnia, micro worms and blood worms. They might also eat frozen mosquito larvae (also known as glass worms)

Cobra said:
I have a pair of clown killifish and scarlet badis that refuse to eat anything I give to them. All they eat are the copepods clinging to the walls of the aquarium. What can I give them that they will eat?

Do anyone know where I can get some female SCARLET BADIS???

maxwellag said:
They eat frozen daphnia, micro worms and blood worms. They might also eat frozen mosquito larvae (also known as glass worms)

Does anyone know where to get some female SCARLET BADIS???

newly hatched brine shrimp. scarlet badis only really eat live foods. I would make sure they're eating enough before you try to find females to breed :)

My 6 males are eating lots. Blood worms plus pellets that i feed my Crystal shrimps with.
I'm beginning to think its impossible to get female Scarlet Badis. I will keep trying more. I even try emailing ppl on youtube that has video of their breeding pairs.

Well it's summer, you could try starting your own culture of mosquito larvae... Or a culture of anything, really. I just became the proud owner of a for-sure male scarlet badis and a maybe female (I've heard they're only grey or olive, but mine has small vertical stripes.... Still I remain hopeful). So far I haven't seen mine way anything, but I have a big matt of java moss in my aquarium so I hope they're eating things they find in there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom