Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple hundred gallons here. A few hundred gallons there. A pinch of lil tanks on counters. A dash of QT tanks. And you got yourself a problem.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Problem? I would call it a good start toward a fish house, but never a problem.

I scaled waay back(about 99%) I used to have a 20x34 out building that was wall to wall, but now that the kids are getting older and help out I'm heading in that direction again.

Well it's about time you showed off your stuff. ;):lol: As brookster says, "It ain't true unless you have the pictures" and you definitely have some pictures. :D

So it's "Turkey time": Cut the crap and get your butt down to FL so we can merge the hatcheries and make some great fish and good money!!!!! (y)(y) :dance:

Just saw this, I'm in! Everything looks great man, keep it up! Especially those discus.....it doesn't get better than that!

Thanks every one. I appreciate all the compliments. Now i have a few questions for those shrimp heads out there. Can Amano Shrimp breed without saltwater/brackish during the larval stage? I ask because I've got 3 Amano Shrimp in one of my 150gl planted tanks. Well during the last week that number is now 5-7 amanos. None have been added for years. They are tiny and cling to the leaves in my val forest. Ive got pics but its hard to see them in it. Everything i read or have read says this is impossible. If it is impossible.... where'd they come from?

Unbelievable!!! [emoji39]

I had to comment on your work man , stellar !!!

Clem.

Is it possible the new lil shrimplets are bamboo shrimp? Ill have to look into their breeding process. Hmmm.....

Bamboo shrimp creep me out. They get so large and just look like they are going to get me in my sleep. Do they bother small fish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So many awesome fish! how many pleco babies were in those pics? the one side looked like solid fish!

My guess was 50-60 and the crazy thing is... dad is already guarding wigglers again. Its abt every 2-3wks with him and his harem.

Bamboo shrimp creep me out. They get so large and just look like they are going to get me in my sleep. Do they bother small fish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have had no issues with them bothering anyone yet. They are a newish addition. Got 4 of em abt 2 months ago. They were a "wow cool" purchase. Ive wanted em for a while but didn't want to order them. Then boom... found em at an LFS and had to come home with them.

My guess was 50-60 and the crazy thing is... dad is already guarding wigglers again. Its abt every 2-3wks with him and his harem.

Lucky guy...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Problem? I would call it a good start toward a fish house, but never a problem.

I scaled waay back(about 99%) I used to have a 20x34 out building that was wall to wall, but now that the kids are getting older and help out I'm heading in that direction again.

FISH HOUSE!
Someday sir.... Someday. Ive been watching the prices of land around here closely. Just need money.....

They could quite possibly be small bamboo shrimp. Even though, a quick search told me that bamboo shrimp also need brackish water to have the larvae survive. I've had my amanos berried a few times, and whenever the larvae get released, there are little tiny critters on the front glass that look like baby brine shrimp. Good luck raising them, it sounds cool!

They could quite possibly be small bamboo shrimp. Even though, a quick search told me that bamboo shrimp also need brackish water to have the larvae survive. I've had my amanos berried a few times, and whenever the larvae get released, there are little tiny critters on the front glass that look like baby brine shrimp. Good luck raising them, it sounds cool!

I'm coming up with the same info. Brackish is necessary for both amanos and bamboo... I'll post pics when the site gets the photo issue fixed. Theyre there, Theyre real, And they look like tiny amanos.

FISH HOUSE!
Someday sir.... Someday. Ive been watching the prices of land around here closely. Just need money.....

Before you go looking too hard for land up there, you might want to read this. ;) University of Florida Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory

FYI: I'm in Polk county (y)

FLORIDA is where fish come from, not Kansas. :D:brows::lol::ROFLMAO: (y) ( and we don't have shipping issues either. :whistle: :lol: )

I know.... i know.....
What's a guy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom