Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop an Eminem line in a dj's thread.. no love... twas merely a compliment.. carry on.. I'll go back to trying to get bolivian rams to look magical;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im tempted to snag a pair of bolivians... have a wall of rams. GBRs, EBRs, & BOLIVIANS. that'd be pretty sweet. No eminem here... not hatin, just not a fan. More of a hip hop than a rap kinda guy. Think black violin... who put on a great show here a few Thursdays ago at the Leid Center.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So i got my WCs done yesterday. Didn't get a chance to move all the fish i wanted to, but i just got off work and am hoping to get that done before disc golf league.
Looks like my yellow crystal female & ring leopard male discus pair have eaten yet another batch of eggs. These were wiggling this morning. Gone this afternoon. Working with these young pairs is driving me bonkers. Learning their individual personalities and behaviours again is a chore. Its worth it though. If you take the time to do it, the fish will start telling you almost everything you need to know.

I have kept them in the past. Never tried breeding them. Keeping them happy was stressful enough.

I have kept them in the past. Never tried breeding them. Keeping them happy was stressful enough.

That's what I mean. ;) I was working with wilds before RO & RO/DI filters and successful bred Royal Blues. What a pain!!! :facepalm: Thankfully, Jack Whattley was supplying our store with his fish so I gave up on the Discus and let my Discus customer have them. :blink: I'd rather do wild Angels. They are easier than wild Discus. :whistle: (y)

I can say that in my quest for breeding high quality discus, i have encountered endless problems & frustration. But due to those experiences it has helped me successfully breed lots of other types of fish. Never ending challenges leads to never ending learning. These danged discus..... Lol.

On another note....... tonight's the deciding game 5 for my team. LETS GO KC ROYALS! DEM BOYS N BLUE! RECLAIM THE CROWN!

I can say that in my quest for breeding high quality discus, i have encountered endless problems & frustration. But due to those experiences it has helped me successfully breed lots of other types of fish. Never ending challenges leads to never ending learning. These danged discus..... Lol.

On another note....... tonight's the deciding game 5 for my team. LETS GO KC ROYALS! DEM BOYS N BLUE! RECLAIM THE CROWN!

That's the first key to making money breeding......knowledge. ;)(y)

I breed because of my love and passion for the fish and hobby. Making money is a bonus.... a great bonus. It'd be great to do for a living though.

So bandits GBRS have produced nicely. Ive got abt 40 26 day old fry from them that are doing well. Growing nicely and eating like its there job. I think this weekend or next it will be time to get them into a 40b for grow out. The EBRs ate another batch of eggs. Doh. New batch of bn plec eggs started hatching today. Gotta get them into a box. My black tuxedo gups fems have both dropped fry. Those fry are doing well in the pearlweed jungle. RCS just keep dropping shrimplets. Still trying to figure out where the tiny shrimp in one of 150gl planted came from. Only bamboo and amanos in it.... its driving my brain crazy. Got some new plants for one of the 20L. I think its Ludwig red Rubin. Not sure though. The 25 new downoi (courtesy of atxpunx) is takin to the new surroundings quite nicely. Hoping to get more work done after i pack some plants up for shipping. Texas bound!

Holy Moly.... sorry but I'm having a dad moment. My son just left for his first school dance... i still feel like as kid. Where did the time go. Ok enough of that. Did the daily WCs on all the fry tanks. The GBRS fry are starting to really get curious. They come out and inspect everything I'm doing in the tank now. I lost an EBR today. Not sure why. Water tested at fine. 82 degrees, 7.2, 0,0, 10, w/107 TDS. the only thing i could think of was that it tried to eat a baby pleco and it fanned its throat.

That's a shame on the EBR!
Counting on you for them in future!!!

Glad to hear the GBR fry are well.
Mine are still up holding well also.

6 month rule on ebr?? Mine made it exactly 6:/ your son will.have the best time ever.. maybe a few questions tommorow:p

6 month rule on ebr?? Mine made it exactly 6:/ your son will.have the best time ever.. maybe a few questions tommorow:p

Not positive on its age, but your in the ballpark. And for the love of jeebus.... NO QUESTIONS. I shudder at the thought.

Questions are better than google!!!

Last edited:
You got that right. That's gonna fill in great! I dig that blyxa hedge in the back left. Nice wood work in the center. Could be a stunner before too long. Is that pearlweed on the right?

You got that right. That's gonna fill in great! I dig that blyxa hedge in the back left. Nice wood work in the center. Could be a stunner before too long. Is that pearlweed on the right?

Oh crap,.meant to post this one, embarrassed..
https://youtu.be/-R0OzW7-dCo

Poppas EBR come a very close breeder friend.
Like my GBR I just got from Poppa the stock looks great!
I would really eating pleco fry first in this case.

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh raiders fan uh uh uh raiders fan uh uh uh uh genetic hormone Asian protozoan uh uh uh.. LMFAO.... jeez i HATE the raiders. Most Chiefs fans do! Even throw were stinking it up ATM. Jamaal... oooh poor Jamaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom