Pygmy Cory help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheLyght

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdy!

So I have lost 5 of the 8 pygmy corys that I added to my tank last week. I added 4 last Monday and the last 4 on last Friday.

I have a well established 10 gallon tank, it's decently planted, average water temp fluctuates between 77-80. I have had a male crown tail betta living in it for 3 months now with no issues.

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrates - 15-20 (working on reducing)

I had 3 julii corys with my betta till I moved them to my bigger tank, to make room for the pygmys. I had no trouble with the bigger corys.

Is there any one else who has had problems keeping pygmy corys? I'm open to any/all suggestions, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup! I had a crew of 5 for months, added more and they all died within a week, still have the original crew 8 almost 8 months later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought them from a local fish store, I try to avoid the big chains.

I've never had any issues with other fish I bought from them but I suppose it could have been a weak batch of pygmys.

I got mine from a great specialty lfs, i chalked it up to a poor batch as no other fish in the tank suffered any sign of health issue.

I'm 80% sure that's the case with my fish but I'm very hesitant on upping the school size now :(

Wait for a new batch to come through..

I'd also go with "bad batch". See if your LFS will give you credit.
Another possibility could be that the weren't acclimated well enough, but only you could answer that.

Back
Top Bottom