QT Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

Looking at seeding a sponge filter for a QT tank when required. The filter has been running for two weeks but I wondered if it was necessary to keep the filter running past this point? Or can it just sit there in the tank quiet till it is required?

Cheers in advance (y)

For a medical QT, I'd say don't bother with a filter since constant PWC's are usually required so ammo probably will not build up much. An air stone should do.

For new stock QT, you could run a smaller second filter on your main tank that can then go to your QT

For a medical QT, I'd say don't bother with a filter since constant PWC's are usually required so ammo probably will not build up much. An air stone should do.

For new stock QT, you could run a smaller second filter on your main tank that can then go to your QT

Thanks for the reply :thanks:
The sponge filter is currently being run on a main tank, does the filter need to be on in order for the bacteria to build up or can I just leave it off?

Back
Top Bottom