Question about corydoras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MC1973

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I used to have 5 corydoras (dwarf) but I lost in my old 10 gallon. The remaining 3 were transferred to a 55 gallon just recently and they are doing great.

Now what I have a bigger tank, I was looking at bigger cories...I also know that cories like to be in groups of 5-6....so if i buy bigger cories like panda cories and put them in the tank, will my dwarf cories be happier that they have relative "cories" or will it not make much of a difference?

So basically my question is do different types of cories get along well with each other or do they just not recognize each other?

Corydoras are great fish and different types will get along OK without any problems. As for whether they will be happier with other corys, it shouldn't change anything for them.

Corydoras, even different species that look very similar, will still tend to school only with other corys of the same species.

If you want variety it won't hurt to mix them, but the dwarf corys will still prefer their own kind.

Back
Top Bottom