Schooling Plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like you're not entertaining rummies anymore, and that's a good thing. In my opinion, a 20 high does not offer enough real estate for this species. They cruise the mid-bottom level of the tank and are extremely shy and sensitive. I wouldn't want to see them in anything smaller than a 30 gallon tank.

Oh i have those in mind for my 40 gallon tank... My one tank every 2 years rule? out the window. now i just get to get as many as i want, as long as i pay for it. but i digress.

So serpaes are generally peaceful? been so long since i kept these buggers. they wont uproot the plants, nip at fish (irene in my bros tank), and arent pickyeaters??? Id like some advice still, like signs of a healthy fish, water params, and compatibility.

0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, low nitrates just like any other fish. pH and hardness, so long as they're constant, shouldn't be an issue. I suspect the signs of a healthy fish are the same as any other--they're swimming and eating, not pale, no clamped fins, no gasping for air or breathing hard. I suspect if they're screwing with each other, they're healthy :D

umm thanks then. So now im goig for the serpaes. Now, on to my next schooling issue. Do bettas get along with black skirts? my betta is nipping them like mice on cheese.

Black skirts have flowing finnage and bettas don't like that. It will continue to be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom