Semi aggressive 90 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HectorAndFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 90 gallon, I want to start a semi aggressive tank. Right now I have my common pleco and a Senegal bichir for sure in there, I just want some recommendations? Nothing too aggressive. Maybe some angelfish or gourami?

In my 90 gallon, I want to start a semi aggressive tank. Right now I have my common pleco and a Senegal bichir for sure in there, I just want some recommendations? Nothing too aggressive. Maybe some angelfish or gourami?

Hello Hector! Love the Bichir!!! Senegals are excellent Bichirs to have and will be out and about lots more than most. I do however see a possible issue... common plecos get very large and will need a tank well over 90 gallons to be happy. I recommend rehoming him or moving him to another tank! You could get another, more suitable type of pleco like a Green Phantom Pleco (my favorite pleco or even a Bushy Nose. There used to be a user on here that knows every pleco there is and it's care specs! I haven't seen him on in a long time but maybe he can help with more Pleco options! The Green Phantoms will only get to be about 8" and IMO look soooo much better than drab ol' commons. You may want to look into those! An Angel would work (you could probably do three) and you could mix in a larger gourami if you so choose.

I knew the day I would have to give him up even if I got attached :( yeah I'll look into rehoming ASAP. None of those plecos are too small where they won't get eaten or bullied? And any other tank mates as well?

Back
Top Bottom