Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just lost a whole set myself.
It would hurt more(it hurts as all count) if it was my only...
These are a tough ,brutal fish to breed and keep IMO still.
I sure haven't figured out the 'as advertised' easy method to breed!
It is like a marathon where maybe whoever doesn't quit first COULD win???

Male started to eat them... tried to save them, but no dice.
IGG44mI.png

Welcome to my world!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I often wonder what is next for me but without confirmed success I am still running and looking for the finish line!
You and me are on a different boat with these monsters.
I am the Captain!(last man off a sinking ship??)

Welcome to my world!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I often wonder what is next for me but without confirmed success I am still running and looking for the finish line!
You and me are on a different boat with these monsters.
I am the Captain!(last man off a sinking ship??)

Well I would feel better if this angelfish pair would spawn! That's the ring I'm throwing my hat into; I thought they wouldn't be a problem :banghead: Hopefully Poppa's pair won't disappoint (of course they won't!)

I think I need to put some adderall into the tank... they start showing intense spawning-like behaviors and then suddenly seem to get distracted...

I hope they do their job for you too. Hows the eye on the blue? Getting any better?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sell the male... And prepare for the parents! Ill pm ya in a bit. Heat packs are in.

Sell the male... And prepare for the parents! Ill pm ya in a bit. Heat packs are in.

Awesome! We'll bring the male to the good LFS around here, I know some great people shop there who will jump on a beautiful male like that.

In a few minutes I'll post videos of the koi pair... Either showing spawning behavior, or trying to kill each other. I think it's the former, but I'm not an expert!

Well my females tube is back in. Might start mixing 25/75 straight RODI/tap for WCs to see how they like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well my females tube is back in. Might start mixing 25/75 straight RODI/tap for WCs to see how they like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Might have to go more than that. I'm at 60/40, they seem to like that, though it remains to see if it results in fertile eggs.

So, it seems like whatever the angelfish are doing, it's caused one of them to lose a few scales. Is that normal? Should I do something?

How old is this pair? It seems as if shes still testing him for pairing... Lol.

No idea. They were sold as a pair... should have got more information I suppose, but they were shown with eggs, which was all I needed to know about their pairing.

Probably just the move then? Theyll make nice babies, sir.

Probably just the move then? Theyll make nice babies, sir.

That's my guess. Should I worry about the losing scales? And also... can you tell which is which? I think the smaller one with the white fins is the female, Ann thinks it's the male :lol:

Back
Top Bottom