The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so maybe tomorrow or this weekend I'm going to add my 4 zebra danios
!question! If I have a normal zebra danio, and I buy longfins, will my normal group with the longfins, or should I just buy normals
Next weekend I'll be adding my 3 peppered Cory's

Ok, so maybe tomorrow or this weekend I'm going to add my 4 zebra danios
!question! If I have a normal zebra danio, and I buy longfins, will my normal group with the longfins, or should I just buy normals
Next weekend I'll be adding my 3 peppered Cory's

They should school together fine, longfin or standard really shouldn't matter.

GBRs are very sensitive and should really NOT be added to a tank less than a good 6 months old, well cycled, established and thriving. I would totally advise waiting to pu them in very last, and wait as long as you can to do that.
1. It will give them a better chance at survival in a mature tank. They might do ok in a new or even cycling tank for a couple weeks, but typically they go downhill in poor conditions, quick.
2. As they will most likely become the most dominant fish in your tank, adding them last will cause less agression, and the other fish will have already claimed thier teritories. If you put thm in first, they will probably be agressive to any newcomers in "thier" tank.
This has been my personal experience with them. I have a pair in a 55 with rainbows, which was not my plan for them, but they were too agressive in my 29 and have done much better in my 55 with the rainbows who dont take any of thier crap :)

Man, had no idea they were sensitive, I'm going to go get four zebra danios, and maybe my bunch of anacharis and a moss ball

Ok, so I'm getting my four zebra danios tomorrow so that they can accompany my lonely one
Is there anything I should know about them, anything special?

Yes, finally completed my four zebra danio group, and I went ahead and got 4 black kuhli loaches, what do you think?
I thought this is hilarious, my leopard gecko sees the kuhlis and thinks that they are his meal worms, HAH :lol:

Attachments

• image-353197090.jpg
    image-353197090.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3959969457.jpg
    image-3959969457.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1519307126.jpg
    image-1519307126.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image-252487908.jpg
    image-252487908.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-805883275.jpg
    image-805883275.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 85
Ok, so now that I have my loaches in, I still need a bit of help with stock,Still need to get:
5 neon tetras
I can't decide on glowlight tetras or harlequin rasboras
4 ghost catfish
4 julii or peppered Cory's
2 bn plecos
Blue or black mystery snail
How is this?

Ok, so now that I have my loaches in, I still need a bit of help with stock,Still need to get:
5 neon tetras
I can't decide on glowlight tetras or harlequin rasboras
4 ghost catfish
4 julii or peppered Cory's
2 bn plecos
Blue or black mystery snail
How is this?

That seems like a lot of schools. I'd stick with just neons and ghost catfish and make those two larger instead of adding a third small one.

I think that's a lot of schools too. Personally I would skip the neons(never had any luck with them, always sickly) and the glowlights(love them in my big tank) and stick to the rasboras. the rasboras have done really well in my smaller tanks, they school really well and are pretty fish when the color up at home.

Ok, I won't do the rasboras and glowlights
But I really want to give the neons a shot, how many neons and ghosts?

How about cardinals instead of neons, they pretty much look the same but i like cardinals a little more and i think they have better coloration than neons.

How about cardinals instead of neons, they pretty much look the same but i like cardinals a little more and i think they have better coloration than neons.

True but cardinals are larger than neons and space can be a factor in a 29g.

Sorry loach, I don't have experience with ghost cats so someone else can help you with those numbers, how have all you fish and levels been so far?

My levels are perfect, ammonia 0, everithing excellent,
My zebra danios got moved to my 55, my mother liked them too much
The loaches are doing fantastic
Thanks for asking!:)

The size difference between neons and cardinals is negligible in a 29 gallon.

So, it doesn't really matter?
Ok, I want to get the neons, but then save up to buy some cardinals ahead of the game
How many neons and how many catfish should I put

Back
Top Bottom