The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the rhizome! Is it ok like this!
Also, are you sure this is a water wissilia?

Pretty sure it's wisteria, you bought it in a tube at petsmart right? Me too, you can see the mature form of it in my photo albums. The rhizome is the horizontal root that the leaves of anubias and other plants are attached to, it is usually green while the actual root you can bury are more of a white or brownish color

By using cycled filter media. You can do a fish in cycle if you wish, but only use very minimal amount of a hardy fish and you have to do water changes daily and water changes every time your ammonia levels reach .25ppm or more. This could also end up taking more time than you think

Check out pearl gourami

Spotted African leaffish are my favorite!!!! Unfortunately they will devour your neon tetras they can pretty much eat stuff the size of there head

Ok, here is how envision my 29 done
Thoughts, ideas?

Attachments

• image-249059706.jpg
    image-249059706.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 129
You can cut up some of the foam filter pad from the emperor filter and put it behind the 29g filter to speed things up, but you'll still need to do a bunch of water changes so the BB can catch up, still only add a small amount of hardy fish though

Ok, I can do that thanks
What do you think about the picture?

Looks good, I'm not a very visual person, more of a picture it in my brain kinda guy but seems like you got a plan and you should go for it. My only thought is that rams kuhli loaches and BNPs together in a 29 is a lot for the bottom of the tank, but that's your choice

Agree with Zim about the rams, plecos and khulis, as well as the corys. You will probably see some serious agression when they all get older. I have a single female BN pleco and 2 dojo loaches in a tank with the same footprint as your 29, and my pleco is getting quite territorial these days. The loaches will be moving in a few weeks to thier permanent tank, so I am not too worried, but if that were not the case, I would have to reconsider my stock at this point.

Ok, I'm only doing the rams, Cory's, and pleco, I'm going to add the neon tetras, zebra danios, and a rainbowfish as my centerpiece, also a snail

Many species of rainbows grow too large for a 29 gallon, in addition to being schooling fish.

Most people would consider the rams to be your centerpiece.

Back
Top Bottom