What is the easiest fish to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
surviving in NOT thriving. however, do u guys think it is truly fair to make him just about survive on AA? he's probably massively annoyed by us nagging and i feel we should be more welcoming, asking him how he can SORT this or do little things to help rather than yelling him down with facts.
AA is a place i have adored for ages because of its community and advice. do u think he is enjoying it?
lay off. he knows the facts, its whether he acts on them.

happy: swims with energy, cood colouration, eats well, communicates with others or the owner (following, swishing at, basically being social). in the right environment, maybe breeding.

so what about if the fish has adapted to the conditions and is now 'happy'? clearly his oscar is no longer happy, but this could be due to illness or water conditions or bullying. it may be the tank space, but what does the oscar think it is going to get? it has never known a larger tank so maybe until the owner admits it's the small space, there may be little ways to cheer up a fish.

look, why not:
add feeders
raise temp
change decos or switch them around in tank so its unrecognisable
remove a deco to give more open swim space
add a toy like a ping pong ball
consider a new tank and/or remove a couple of fish like the SD and clown loach?

this is AA, not a courtroom xx xx

surviving in NOT thriving. however, do u guys think it is truly fair to make him just about survive on AA? he's probably massively annoyed by us nagging and i feel we should be more welcoming, asking him how he can SORT this or do little things to help rather than yelling him down with facts.
AA is a place i have adored for ages because of its community and advice. do u think he is enjoying it?
lay off. he knows the facts, its whether he acts on them.

happy: swims with energy, cood colouration, eats well, communicates with others or the owner (following, swishing at, basically being social). in the right environment, maybe breeding.

so what about if the fish has adapted to the conditions and is now 'happy'? clearly his oscar is no longer happy, but this could be due to illness or water conditions or bullying. it may be the tank space, but what does the oscar think it is going to get? it has never known a larger tank so maybe until the owner admits it's the small space, there may be little ways to cheer up a fish.

look, why not:
add feeders
raise temp
change decos or switch them around in tank so its unrecognisable
remove a deco to give more open swim space
add a toy like a ping pong ball
consider a new tank and/or remove a couple of fish like the SD and clown loach?

this is AA, not a courtroom xx xx

I'm not going to baby someone and sugar coat the facts for their "enjoyment". New memeber or old member, it doesn't matter either way.

If anyone needs to "lay off" a mod will most certainly let them know.

This forum is designed for hobbyists to share their opinions and experiences so, you're right, it's nothing like a courtroom.

Dudes this is on the forum for that question stop bothering me about my other stuff. Go to that chat if you want but stop commenting and changing my other stuff

While I agree with everything that has been said about the fishes situation, I agree that it I time to drop the subject. The OP is well aware of what he needs to do to fix it. It is his choice weather or not to act on it and make his fishes life better.

Back
Top Bottom