What should I do with my 10 gallon tank with one cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like your tank was not cycled and your fish most likely died from ammonia and nitrite poisoning. Please read some article's about the nitrogen cycle and the articles on this site about cycling your tank with fish.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/fishin-cycling-step-dark-side/

If you go buy more fish now they will die too. Meegosh has the right idea. Test your water every day and if you can not add any more fish until your ammonia and nitrite readings are constantly at zero.

Then I would only add about 1-2 fish every 3-4 days and test the water after each fish is added.

Make sure if you clean your filter only rinse the pad in old tank water or dechlorinated water so you don't kill off beneficial bacteria.

Good Luck!

I have only had fish for a year so I am no expert by any stretch. I do know this, LISTEN TO THESE GUYS, they know what they speak. the advice they give may not always be what one wishes to hear, but listen to them and you will have a happy and exciting aquarium experience.

I'm cycling my tank with 2 small guppies!!I plan to breed them to be able to stock my tank with more guppies!Here are some pics:

Attachments

• image-2927663896.jpg
    image-2927663896.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2286858730.jpg
    image-2286858730.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1812460715.jpg
    image-1812460715.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2591830618.jpg
    image-2591830618.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 40
I plan to get an ammonia tester to be able to know when I can add more fish

I plan to get an ammonia tester to be able to know when I can add more fish

If you are doing a fish in cycle, you should be doing water changes daily or every other day. I would do %25 daily or %50 every other day.

I hope someone else can give you more information. I have too tanks, so I have singly cycled two. I had no idea how to cycle, and how to know when the cycle had started. I still don't know a lot, because I haven't had to start another cycle. Good luck.

If you are doing a fish in cycle, you should be doing water changes daily or every other day. I would do %25 daily or %50 every other day.

I hope someone else can give you more information. I have too tanks, so I have singly cycled two. I had no idea how to cycle, and how to know when the cycle had started. I still don't know a lot, because I haven't had to start another cycle. Good luck.

Thx for the info ill do a water change right now but can you check out my other thread "guppies fighting and give me some info for that too plz?

Guys guess what? I just bought the part that I need to fix my tank light!

Back
Top Bottom