Is this a snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pongeer247

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to double check this with what I have found and think. This tank hasn't had a snail in it for 2 months and only had a snail in it for about a month. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-2279540921.jpg
    image-2279540921.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 112
Kind of looks like a limpet to me. They're Gastropods, like snails, except their shell is shaped like a turtle shell and their body is underneath.

Kind of looks like a limpet to me. They're Gastropods, like snails, except their shell is shaped like a turtle shell and their body is underneath.

1+ these spring up in one of my tanks all the time. Wont hurt anything. Breed at a fast rate but nit as fast as pond snails.

Interesting. I thought at first that it was mold or diatoms. But was very hard to get off tank. Will my fish eat them?

I just put guppies in the tank which is when I noticed these all over the tank. I didn't think the guppies would eat them. Loaches probably would huh? If they aren't harmful I will just take them out as I clean the tank.

Back
Top Bottom