Snail id..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokismom808

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone I'd this snail I recently found in my ten gallon planted tank?
Is it a snail worth keeping?
I apologise for the crappy photo.

Attachments

• image-1688899525.jpg
    image-1688899525.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 86
Rams horn. They multiply pretty fast given the right condition. They're ok as far as I know but can over run the tank

Leonardo7689 said:
Rams horn. They multiply pretty fast given the right condition. They're ok as far as I know but can over run the tank

Thanks Leonardo
Yeah I'm having some problems with snails right now but I've been getting um small. This one sort of got pass my squashing...
Will it destroy my plants if I leave it in my tank?

Not that am aware of. I had them in my tank for what seemed like forever. They never really bothered my plants, just the fact that they overrun my tanks and that they swarm around any available food that they can get into.

Leonardo7689 said:
Not that am aware of. I had them in my tank for what seemed like forever. They never really bothered my plants, just the fact that they overrun my tanks and that they swarm around any available food that they can get into.

Okay Thanks again
I think I'll let him stay :)

They will eat dead plant matter and if you like snails but don't want them to overrun your tank look into assassin snails

Rams horns are nice snails and can come in amazing colors like red and white and leopard! Over feeding is the primary reason there are explosions of snails. Don't forget to clean the substrate. Most people over feed. I would say cut the quantity of food in half.

If you feed 2x per day still feed 2x p/d but only half the quantity, clean the substrate well for a few weeks on the weekly pwc's and see how the snail population looks. You may need to cut back food even more. Some people give their fish a fast day/no food to make sure they clean up the aquarium.

People with Puffer fish and Loaches will take them off of your hands too!

Back
Top Bottom