5 Gallon Nano, Good Idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I want to start up a saltwater tank again, however since I am living in a dorm room I am rather limited on space. I was wondering if anyone has ever set up a nano tank that was only five gallons, and if so what would a water change schedule look like on that?

Also and tips or tricks to keep a snap tank like that happy and healthy!

as for fish the tanks to small you may get by with a few inverts
for a light you be best off with a kessil
softies would be your best choice

You could probably get away with something tiny like a one of the eviota genus gobies. As far as wcs you’d take out like a gallon once a week and replace it. The tank would definitely mostly be inverts though.

Yea I figured if I could find a fish that is small enough I could put it in there. I'm also okay with mostly inverts, they are so interesting!!

A smaller species of mantis shrimp would be cool in there, not sure how good it would be with corals though. You'd also be limited to that being the only critter in there.

A really cool tank imo is a bunch of rock flower nems and a colony of sexy shrimp (Thor ambionensis). Awesome little shrimp who provide tons of entertainment with how they wiggle their butts.

Back
Top Bottom