have any of you ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NIFTYneil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
...bought fish or live rock online? it seems to be a really bad thing to do, but i dont have a ton of good fish stores in my area and they tend to sell fish for $$$. ive stumbled upon a few online fish stores and have found them to sell at a good price. have any of you had any first hand experience with buying fish online? please give me some feedback, good or bad.

I ordered from Liveaquaria.com, my experience left something to be desired. The only probl;em I had with them was live arrival and the fish staying alive, the customer service was excellent. I went with mostly because they have very good feed back, I won't order with them again unless it is spring or fall, never again in the summer....

There is nothing wrong with ordering live rock online. How do you think the local shops thet the live rock? They get it the same way you would online except they buy it in bulk more.

If your just starting your tank and dont have anything else in it then you dont need to be as worried about this but all live rock that is shipped will have some degree of what is called 'die-off'. This die-off usually causes a rise in ammonia levels. If your tank is new you can use this die-off to your benifit and acutally cycle your tank with the live rock.

Depending on the degree of die-off your cycle could take a few weeks to 6-8 weeks. But it will be well worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom