55 gallon schooling stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helios

Aquarium Advice Activist
We are getting ready to get a 55 (or 75 if I can convince hubs to go really big) gallon tank so I can take down the various small tanks taking over the house. For now I'm just planning for a 55.

I'd really like a tank with a few 2-5? larger schools that will occupy different levels in the tank.

Here is what's coming over from other tanks so suggestions must work with these fish:

4 Cory catfish
8 neon tetras
2 angelfish

(Yes I know there are mixed opinions on neons and angels, but these fish are currently in the same tank without issues and are in need of more space)

I will likely add more to the Cory and neon schools, but would love other school ideas and numbers.

Tank is sand bottom with driftwood and live plants. Mostly swords and anubias.

Thanks.

15 corys- all of the same kind
15 neons
Hatchet fish? Will this tank have a lid? They are really cool fish but they have to have lids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

15 corys- all of the same kind
15 neons
Hatchet fish? Will this tank have a lid? They are really cool fish but they have to have lids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love my hatchets but they need a lid for sure. Avid jumpers. Ive been hit in the face by several fliers while doing water changes! Luckily they are fine when I put them back in. However, they require good water parameters and will not tolerate bad water for very long.

Lemon Tetras
Bleeding Heart Tetras
Or Cardinals get a bit bigger than the Neons.

A big group of Cories of course.

I'll be setting up a 55g this month myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom