Advice on my BR please, very worried!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is all my female BR does every since I brought them home. She comes out at feeding time and eats, but after she just goes right back to this spot. None of the males have taken to her, actually my two males hang out together all the time. Her color is a lot darker, she doesn't have hardly any pinkish hilights on her fins like the others do (the two males are coloring up very nicely!). I thought she was doing better last night, she was out and swimming around, but now she's back to this. Should I move her into a spare tank by herself to see if she perks up?

Attachments

• image-4195833035.jpg
    image-4195833035.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 106
From my understanding odd numbers of Rams don't work out. The oddball/newbie will probably not do well at all.

Hopefully a Ram Guru will jump in and offer some advice. If nobody pops in soon try posting in the Cichlid forum.

From my understanding odd numbers of Rams don't work out. The oddball/newbie will probably not do well at all.

Hopefully a Ram Guru will jump in and offer some advice. If nobody pops in soon try posting in the Cichlid forum.

I've been talking to rivercats through PM who has given me some great advice. The thing is no one bothers her oddly enough. Sometimes one of the new males goes up to her and kinda nudges at her trying to get her to swim around, when she won't he just goes on his way.

That does not look very good at all. Don't lose hope, but I want to point out that every ram I've had that did that died very soon. However, it is a good sign that it is eating; my rams never did that when in this state.

That does not look very good at all. Don't lose hope, but I want to point out that every ram I've had that did that died very soon. However, it is a good sign that it is eating; my rams never did that when in this state.

Today she didn't eat as well as yesterday but she is still eating some.

Update: don't think she is going to make it. I couldn't find her in my tank and when I finally found her she was on her side barely able to swim. I'm so sad :(

Yes, this happened with one of my rams, it didn't end well :( I know how you feel

It was sad to watch, she kept trying to swim but couldn't get off her side :( all the other rams are doing perfectly fine an coloring up nicely so far thank goodness.

This just happened to my Bolivian rams also
Idk if its a female or my but it's just laying upside down trying to swim :(
And the other 2 are just staying still and only eating when I'm not around :/
What should I do????? I need help :(

This just happened to my Bolivian rams also
Idk if its a female or my but it's just laying upside down trying to swim :(
And the other 2 are just staying still and only eating when I'm not around :/
What should I do????? I need help :(

Hi! You might want to try to start your own thread, you'll get more views that way. Try posting in the Unhealthy fish section (on the top left there's a button called "new thread." Include info like what size tank do you have? What fish? How many rams and what gender? What do you feed? How long have you had them? Is the tank cycled? What are the paramters (ammonia, etc)? More info would help :)

Back
Top Bottom