Got some questions about fishes :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonathan aqtank

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys!
At the moment i am planning a 90g freshwater community tank. Im sure that i want to get anglefish ,but im not sure what fishes could i get aswell...
I know i can get tetra and catfish ,but not sure about cichlids and barbs .
So could you tell me if its possible to get cichlids or barbs in this tank?

Planned :
4-6 anglefish
10-15 pangio kuhlii
about 4 catfish not sure at all which one ill get

Questions :
Can i get cichlidfish in this tank? which one?

Which kind of big tetra can i get and how many of them?
I already now "Myleinea " and think thry are epic . Do they fit in 90g?

Thats it . Some answers would be awesome :D

Greetings jonathan

No other cichlids besides Rams if you want Angels. *maybe* a firemouth cichlid.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

As far as cichlids with them it'll always be up in the air. They may work and they may not. Your six angelfish may turn into one or two depending on how they even do with one another. Rainbow cichlids usually do okay with angels. Acaras are pretty docile. Severums are known to be peaceful if you went with one of those...however I have a severum that is a complete jackass just showing it's all on an individual basis.

For tetras: diamond, lemon, emperor, maybe Congo tetras. They're some of the larger and deeper bodied tetras without being too big for your tank.

I'd be nervous about barbs with angels as they tend to be more nippy.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the info u both !
I think ill go for the Severums. i love how they look like.
Can you tell me about tetra overall? My main question is : Can i get 2-3 different tetra? or is just one kind of tetra better for them?

As far as cichlids with them it'll always be up in the air. They may work and they may not. Your six angelfish may turn into one or two depending on how they even do with one another. Rainbow cichlids usually do okay with angels. Acaras are pretty docile. Severums are known to be peaceful if you went with one of those...however I have a severum that is a complete jackass just showing it's all on an individual basis.

For tetras: diamond, lemon, emperor, maybe Congo tetras. They're some of the larger and deeper bodied tetras without being too big for your tank.

I'd be nervous about barbs with angels as they tend to be more nippy.

I was afraid to mention Severum as I didn't know their behavior..

On the barbs.. You can do Cherry Barbs. They are one of the most docile fish I own and I have them with a Marbled angel.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'd cut back on the number of angels if you go with a severum. Maybe four angels to start, see if you get a pair, and just one severum. That would open up more space for a nice school or two of dither fish if you did a pair of angels and one severum. Otherwise it'll be pretty cramped.

Allright.
I had a info by a different source that says , i got to get 4-6 and wait for pairs and then get other fishes .
But i think ill.do it this way like you guys explain me :)

Jonathan

You could probably get away with some Brochis Splendens after you get an angel pair

Black skirts are one of my favorite tetras, you could do those with angels

Hey guys.
I have two question : Do those Brochis Splendens fit with kuhlii?
Can get two or three different kind of tetra in one tank?

greets Jonathan and thanks for every info you gave me upon now :)

Hey guys.
I have two question : Do those Brochis Splendens fit with kuhlii?
Can get two or three different kind of tetra in one tank?

greets Jonathan and thanks for every info you gave me upon now :)

1. Absolutely! Splendens are great fish. Very peaceful.

2. Yes you can. Make sure each species is in a school no less than 5 though.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Allright thanks man.
I was asking about the Spledens : Kuhlii because i heard that would take each others food. But if its wrong ill take splendens for sure !

If you feed them things like algae wafers they will all get some. Brochis splendens will eat about anything laying around. Mine clean up the extra flakes.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

allright will do.
im not feeling good.asking so many questions. :(
Would it fit if i get 3×10 tetra?

Jonathan

Depends on the species. This is a 90 gallon right?

Edit: went back and looked again because I forgot. Your main focus is the angelfish. Base your stock around them.
Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, aqadvisor is a good website just to get some general information on your personalized stocking plan. It'll alert you to any common issues it may foresee with your plan as well as alert you to stocking levels, filtration levels, and ideal tank parameters.

Back
Top Bottom