Its early but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Or Christmas/ my birthday I am getting a 55 g tank the fish I really are into are angel fish, black ghost knife, and bala sharks. I also want some type of schooling fish, I was thinking black long skirt tetras and red minor tetras. Would these fish be okay together? And also the whole reason I'm getting this is cause of my striped peacock eel, kevin. So he is gonna be in there too

I was thinking of that but I was worried cause the bala sharks. Also I found another shark I like, black shark (morulis chrysophekadion)

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but, with the exception of the tetras & angels, every other fish you've listed gets way, WAY too big for a 55 gallon tank...... A BKG can get 12-15", the bala will hit 12"-16", and the black shark can get upwards of 2 feet. With a 55 gallon only being 4' long and 1' wide, that would be a miserable existence for those fish.

Yeah I was thinking about that but I searched them and I have seen a lot in 55's but if it's not best for them I will choose other fish:)

Oh! Yes! I didn't see that you wanted the knife and sharks. They get too big for a 55. I just saw the part about the tetras. Wow, I need to read.

Lol it's cool. Are there any other knife fish that are small enough? I really want one. Sharks, I can live with out. I don't really like the brown knife but I found a grey one and I'm bout to research it

Besides the African Brown Knife, I don't know of any others that would go in a 55. And, you could always do a red tail shark or rainbow shark! Just make sure you have lots of caves and hiding places.

I really want a knife fish and it looks like the broen one is the one I can get. So either I can be stubborn or get a cool fish lol and I think I'm gonna go with rainbow sharks:) what other should I get?

Well, I like the brown knife, but that is strictly a matter of opinion. Tiger barbs would be suitable tankmates for the shark, but not for the tetras.

I originally wanted barbs but I was scared cause I wanted angels

So would I be able to have those, angels, the brown knife and my eel? I was interested in those too

He's pretty calm and I saw a lot about people keeping thiers with a brown knife

Thinking of
1 brown knife
1 peacock eel
? Angel fish
? Schooling fish still not. Sure
Not sure about it but 3 rainbow sharks?

Could I do this? If I have extra room what fish do y'all think I should get?

1 African butterfly fish
1 African brown knife
10 red minor tetra
2 Bolivian rams
1 peacock eel

Back
Top Bottom