My 125 gallon predator tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish:
2 African ctenopa
2 Clown loaches
1 lima shovelnose cat
1 eclipse cat
1 banded leporinus
1 yellow tail barracuda
1 fire eel
1 brown knife
1 clown knife
1 marble goby

Filtration:
Fluval 205
Fluval 206
Fluval 405
Marineland 400

Fish:
2 African ctenopa
2 Clown loaches
1 lima shovelnose cat
1 eclipse cat
1 banded leporinus
1 yellow tail barracuda
1 fire eel
1 brown knife
1 clown knife
1 marble goby

Filtration:
Fluval 205
Fluval 206
Fluval 405
Marineland 400

Tank looks awesome! I like the layout. Are you going to upgrade for the clown knife and Lima when they get big?

Yes, all the fish are pretty small rite now, plenty of room for them imo. I have plans of a 300-600 gallon built into the wall of my basement with 2 Fluval Fx6's are in the future. I have a 75 and 55 sitting in my garage rite now and am thinking about trying saltwater for the first time. I know nothing about it though which is keeping me from trying lol.

Yes, all the fish are pretty small rite now, plenty of room for them imo. I have plans of a 300-600 gallon built into the wall of my basement with 2 Fluval Fx6's are in the future. I have a 75 and 55 sitting in my garage rite now and am thinking about trying saltwater for the first time. I know nothing about it though which is keeping me from trying lol.

Sweet haha, I keep saltwater but I've always wanted a big predatory tank like you have. Salt isn't to bad IMO. Just buy the best equipment you can afford and go slow!

Yeah I only have like 250 I could really afford to put in it rite now which im sure after sand, salt, protein skimmer, heater and filter.... that wouldnt be nearly enough lol. But idk, I am thinking 100 for a heater and filter, As I could move a filter off the 125 since its way overfiltered. That d leave me 150 for sand salt and a skimmer. I think thats all I would need to get a cycle going? Then add fish and coral once cycle completed?

Yeah I only have like 250 I could really afford to put in it rite now which im sure after sand, salt, protein skimmer, heater and filter.... that wouldnt be nearly enough lol. But idk, I am thinking 100 for a heater and filter, As I could move a filter off the 125 since its way overfiltered. That d leave me 150 for sand salt and a skimmer. I think thats all I would need to get a cycle going? Then add fish and coral once cycle completed?

Don't forget about rock and lighting for corals as both of those can get pricey. I would wait Til you have more of a budget so you can get everything top notch.

Back
Top Bottom