My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, definitely lots of pics!!

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Grr! We didn't get it today. Moni couldn't get to the aquarium in her sons' room because it was so messy. So we get it on Thursday. Here's what'll be in it as final count.

6 zebra danios
6 guppies
4 panda cories
1 common pleco

I know, I know!! A pleco does NOT belong in this tank, but my mom is MAKING me get the pleco. If you want a full explanation, look up the thread, "Cons of a Pleco". And you should find it. I don't want the pleco, but have no choice in the matter.

Some people enjoy plecos..nothing wrong with that. There is however IMO something wrong with purposely and knowingly buying one that will grow too large for your tank. There are several type of plecos out there that stay small and would be perfectly acceptable for a smaller tank.

I have decided to get a bristlenose. It will be better than the other one, and my mom says that's okay if we can find one near us.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Sounds good...I hope you can find one! I've seen them occasionally at my local Petco and my local Petsmart frequently has Rubberlip plecos. My son has one (a rubberlip) in his tank and really enjoys it.

Washed up the plants(fake) and Ninja's cave today as well as the hot pink gravel!! I know some people don't like the unnatural look, but I could not pass up pink gravel!! I got three plastic plants, one orange, one green with red flower buds and one orange and yellow with purple flower buds. The biggest one is the one with purple buds, and the leaves look like flames kinda. It's cool. Then I have a soft plant, based on a real plant that I can't remember the name of.

The cave has what looks like coral on the side and a huge fake snail on top. I will probably have to get a bigger cave eventually, because this is only about four inches long.

This has been edited. It didn't show my other post until this one was posted, so I edited it.

Yay, I have my new tank!! Just finished cleaning it, and then threw the filter away. The filter was a piece of crap.

I even got some driftwood with it!! Our friend said, "Oh no, it's not real, it's a decoration.". Well, if that's a decoration, then I'm a fish. Wait, if I am a fish, then what am I doing OWNING the aquarium? I should be in it!! But, yes it's real wood, it needs sone work redone on it, but it beats spending bookoo bucks on a new one.

The gravel all got thrown away, because of my own HOT PINK gravel. The gravel was dry as a bone anyway, so any beneficial bacteria would have had a funeral long ago. Washed it up at my dads apartment tonight, and am setting it up tomorrow, with my amazing decorations and new, FREE DRIFTWOOD!!

I will be sure to post pics.

Thanks.

Yup, essential for a bristlenose's diet!!

:(

The awesome free twenty five tall we got from a friend was looking a little small, and a little short, so we measured it. It's a regular ten gallon.

We obviously couldn't have this community in a puny ten gallon, so we went to Walmart and bought a twenty nine gallon kit. We bought more gravel of course, but they were short one bag of what we needed, so now we have hot pink and PURPLE gravel.

We also bought a stand that is AWESOME!! I will post pics later.

Bummer...but glad you were able to take the plunge! Now you can have two tanks! Lucky...

I'm not sure what to put in the ten though, and I would have to buy all new gravel for it and decorations. I think I'm just gonna give it back. We were borrowing it from our friend.

Oh, yes, I need one!!

You beat me to it joyler! Just keep feeding the QT tank when you feed the other fish. Or keep using pure ammonia so you can keep feeding the bacteria.

Okay, I'll need to find a place for it. I've thought about a qt, but have never really figured out where to put one.

Kitchen? Maybe your moms room? A desk maybe? Idk what your house looks like, but your mom sounds like she likes fish! See if she wants to watch a tank.

I'm not sure about the kitchen. It seems to get too much sun, but would be a logical place. Maybe I can provide some sort of block from the sun. I'll have to talk to my mom. At first she was kind of disappointed about having amines aquarium, but now she seems excited almost, helping with everything in the setup, making sure I know what all I need to do to care for an aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom