New guy with a simple question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, for starters let me fill ya in on the general details of my tank (if this even matters). My tank will be here tomorrow or Friday. It is a 100 gallon custom built tank. The demos dimensions are 39x20x27. I will have a sand bottom and live plants. Here comes my question. I already have a general idea of what bottom fish I want. I'm just curious about what fish I can get that swim at medium and high levels. Preferably peaceful fish because this is a community tank. Please, help a brotha out! This is also a tropical freshwater tank as well! Any advice is welcomed! Also, how can I keep these high level swimmers happy?Thank you for the help!

I would highly recommend a school of rainbowfish to be in a tank that size. The boesmani, praecox, or the red iranian would be great choices. Those breeds get to be 3-4 inches long and will have a bit more presence in an aquarium. While the celestial danios would be nice I think that they would be dwarfed by that size of a tank and wouldn't come through as a solid centerpiece fish.

Thank you for both of those answers and the help! Is there anyway you could post some pictures of those fish?

Celestial pearl danio
p-39875-danio.jpg

Boesmani Rainbow
p-89913-Boesemani.jpg

Praecox Rainbow
p-89916-Praecox.jpg

Red Iranian
p-89915-Red-Irian-Rainbow.jpg

Furcata Rainbowfish is the one on top,
a type of hatchetfish (silver hatchetfish) idea is on bottom.

Your welcome!(y)

Attachments

• Furcata Rainbowfish.jpg
    Furcata Rainbowfish.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Silver Hatchetfish.jpg
    Silver Hatchetfish.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom