Bacterial Infection Spreaing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan5

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bacterial Infection Spreading

Recently I added a new coral beaty to my tank and it caught a bacterial infection and I didn't catch it in time unfortunately and it has spread to a few of my fish. I have since moved my fish to my QT tank and am treating them. I was wondering if I should do a water change or anything with my tank because I'm not really sure how the bacteria spread such as if it would still be in the water or if it would be in the bottom in my sand or what? The fish are being treated I'm really wondering what I should do with my tank right now such as another water change or a different course of action. Any advice would be great because I dont want to put them back in the tank and have them catch it again. Also do fish bacterial infections spread to invertebrates because I have a peppermint shrimp and some blue leg crabs.

By bacterial infections, do you mean ich? If it is ich, the only thing you have to do is leave your display tank empty for eight weeks, but you can still do water changes.

Also, if it is ich, it will not spread to yuor srhimp and crabs, it only has an effect on fish. :)

Frequent 25% PWC`s would definitely be a good idea. BTW what makes you think that it is bacterial. Usually there some kind of visual effect if it is bacterial like popeye or red lines through the fish. What are you seeing?

Frequent 25% PWC`s would definitely be a good idea. BTW what makes you think that it is bacterial. Usually there some kind of visual effect if it is bacterial like popeye or red lines through the fish. What are you seeing?

My coral beauty had popeye but now some of my other fish have white spots on them so maybe it is ich?

Back
Top Bottom