black eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

future

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my puffer has a black eye... it looks like he was punched... it has like a purple tint to it..... Can they get black eyes by say swimmin into a rock? or what is it?

is green algea on the bottom bad or good? does it mean its dirty? and what are those resally bright green spots on the left from algea?

I don't know about the puffer. I havn't heard about that before.

The algae is normal. How old is your tank? With a puffer it's difficult to keep the usual "cleanup crew". If your puffer is very small, you may be able to get some snails and hermit crabs to clean that up. (The puffer will eat them when he's big enough to do so.)

Did you post a picture of your tank? I don't know what's "on the left". Bright green spots on the glass are usually a harmless variety of algae. You can scrape them off with an algae pad or a mag-float.

heres some pics....

Attachments

• dsc00076_353.jpg
    dsc00076_353.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 21
  • dsc00072_498.jpg
    dsc00072_498.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 15
  • dsc00079_889.jpg
    dsc00079_889.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 28
The green on the rocks is perfectly normal.

When did your puffer develop the black spot? It's not his natural coloring? Is it growing or shrinking?

i noticed it monday.... and its not growing... but the white spot in the middle of it got bigger.. maybe thats a sign of healing?

k ill keep an eye on it.... is there anything else i could do?

Clean water and good nutrition can do alot for the healing process.

Check all your water parameters, keep up with weekly maintenance.

today he hasnt moved much, just layin under a rock.. the purple color went down, but his eye is all cloudy... the lady at the lfs said he could be pop eye...? im gonna get pick up some stuff for it after work...

Back
Top Bottom