mixed reef problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've been having trouble with my polyps (green cloves, blues, and yellows) it seems all they do is "survive" in my tank. Every month or so ill get a growth spurt then slowly decline again yet I'm getting amazing growth from all my LPS and SPS. My only theory is since I'm getting such good growth in my acros and not my polyps is that my water is to "clean". I'm kinda just taking a shot in the dark here so anyone with experience with this would be great.

I don't buy the "dirty water" theory since in the ocean, the water is constantly changed. Sometimes some corals do better than others and we may never know why.
I had xenia growing out of control in a tank a few years back. It was a plague. I was reduced to selling giant rocks for the weight of the rock just to get rid of some of it, until one day, it stopped growing. It never grew back and I wasn't even able to re-introduce it into the system again. It would die as soon as I would add it.
Nothing changed. Same system, same water change schedule, same everything.

Thanks X definately puts my mind at ease a bit hearing it from you

Back
Top Bottom