trapped fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is sad because I can think of NO solution. Please respond if you have ANY ideas...

My basslet has jumped over the back wall of a nano tank and is now trapped in the pump chamber. I can't figure how to get him out.

I took the pump out (actually moved it to the other side) so I could at least get my hand or fish net in the area where the fish is. But there is no way to see in there and also no room to negoitate the net. So I can stir around in there as much as I want but I will never come up with the fish.

Except for water, sand and this fish, the tank is otherwise empty. But even empty, I cannot tip it over without help. And naturally, I have no one I can call on to help me.

(hoping for a miracle)
Thanks, Becks

I do not know what the pump chaber looks like. Can you explain what is in your way? Or is it to small?

Can you fit something to guide him out?

Also it may take a while, but if you can put some food in the net he "may" enter it when he gets brave.

You do not have any pics or anyway to get one?

Please do not attempt to tip the tank, we will try and help.

Use a flashlight to see or have some one to help you hold it so you can see. If you can get some tubing big enough to hold him you could siphion him out , if that doesnt work you could use a spoon or a ladel to scoop him out . Once out you will need to secure the back chambers to avoid this again. Also keep the lights out help with the stress .

oooo! YES!
A Ladel is a good idea! (you can tell I don't cook now, right?) The lights have been off since the event occured and I have dropped a bit of food in just to reassure him.

I will see if a neighbor has a ladel.
Thanks!!

Good. You can use eggcrate, screen, something similar to prevent this from happening again.

The above advice is good but I do disagree with the syphon idea.

The flashlight and ladel idea worked Sadie!!!!
Thank you SO much!! The fish is now safe in his new home and doesn't seem any worse for the wear! Thank you again. And also to you, Tom, for your thoughtful concern.

~cheers

For those who are reading this this is my disclaimer that I should have added . The siphion is a last ditch effort and should be done using a tube 2-3 times the diameter of the fish.
Glad it all worked out and he is safe you may be able to use plastic sewing canvis (it comes in alot of colors including black , blue , and clear easy to cut with sissors for around $1.00 a sheet at most craft stores here is what it looks like

img_753171_0_8f40318cc55fca8fd931c0135bc531d5.jpg

img_753171_1_2c931ce86f5fafeefa45f697f99f8b0a.jpg

Now it makes more sense and Great idea with Sewing canvas! Probably alot easier to work with being flexible.

Back
Top Bottom