Fish have a twitch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I guess ill call it a tick.. or a trimmer.. or well its a nervous twitch if you ask me.. Is that normal?
Ammonia is less than 2ppm
PH is 6.7 last i checked..

and as far as the rest of the test.. i wont know till tomorrow when my master kit comes in. Im just mainly conserned for my 2 bala's.

Also.. is it normal for a pacasamus to jump to the top of the tank to get a air bubble?:n00b:

How long has the tank been setup?

Fish gasping at the top can be from high Nitrite.

Your ammonia is high, you should do a solid 50% water change to bring it down. Then another tomorrow. In the mean time stop feeding(fish can go a week w/o food easy) the more you feed the more ammonia is created.

If you new then you should search and read up about the nitrogen cycle in aquariums as it will help you understand how it works.

the only fish gasping in sence are the 2 bala's, and they stay on the lower part of the tank. the pacasamus and the 7 danio's are perfectly fine.

I definitely agree with SpeedEuphoria on this ....2ppm of ammonia is too high. Do a partial water change.

Pacasamus .... do you mean plecostomus or pleco?

And I agree that 2ppm of ammonia is too high and you need to do a water change. Ammonia is toxic and will burn the gills of the fish.

i said less than.. not 2 ppm.. i have a little 6 month reader stuck to the tank.. it says its below.. not 2ppm =P

Back
Top Bottom