Levamisole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found some on amazon. It is powder form. Can anyone help with dosing?

I believe the dose i settled on was 1/4 teaspoon per 100 gallons. Im sure you can go higher, anywhere from 2ppm to 13ppm to treat worms.

I've found the LevaMed in livestock feed stores so, if you have any nearby, check there.

I am curious about calamassus sp symptoms. I saw the worms. I now have levimisole. I did loose a Ram this week and a couple more look sick

I have two females on their belly’s just looking at me, kind of sad. I dosed tonight. In your experience how long to tell if they recovered?

I have never had to treat C but if the fish survive tonight and tomorrow they should make it I think..Often the infestation of worms and treatment can be too much for some to survive. Two female Bolivian rams?
This is the tank with the Altumns right?

Yeah, Leopoldi. I think I am gonna shine a light in a little to see what I can see.

The fish That are hugging the tank bottom still are chasing food. That is s good sign

I am getting old, reading glasses are my friend. With my glasses the worms were obvious.

I’ve known that I was walking a razors edge with this tank. High tech with Leopodi and Endlers and Rams. I am going to fix that as well

Tell me about the reading glasses..I thought all print was getting smaller and unidentifiable ! Mrs. b actually got me a ' jewlers head set "for Xmas which is unreal !
th
They really helps seeing baby rams and BBS !
I seriously trust Charles and his info. He is dedicated and cares.
The fact the fish are still eating is good from what I have been told also.

I actually went to see an optometrist to verify. It is what it is. Lesson learned

One of the effects I read about with levimisole is fish becoming agitated and hiding. I can verify that. 12 hours post first dose I don’t see red cling ons. But fish are hiding so hard to say

My other tank has a bunch of Rainbow Cichlid fry and another female cleaning her spot

I'm am also going to be treating with levamisole. Will it harm the snails in my tank? What about my plants?

I don’t see any effect on plants. I have some fancy, finicky stuff, so I think no worries.
There are warnings about invertebrates. My Amano and Ramshorn seem to be fine so far

Back
Top Bottom