Levamisole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the snails aren’t happy they will head to the top of the tank. Keep a bucket handy for them in case they want OUT.

IMG_0868.jpg
I hit both tanks again for the second round of levimisole a couple of day’s ago. Doing a substrate clean today and I found this guy. It looks like an earthworm but smaller. When I dug in there are a bunch. What am I looking at here?

I know the picture is blurry. That finger is the size of an Oscar Meyer hotdog for scale

How do the fish look ?
I am not sure camallanus has a life outside the fish ?
Not one long enough to get that big IMO ..
Oh I love my dirty looking BB tanks !

Fish look fine. That worm on my finger was in a bucket in my garage. The bottom layer was frozen.
I removed a bunch of substrate last time I dosed. I am moving the tank soon anyway.

Do you think potassium permagrate would take care of those worms?

You can kill anything with PP !
If you are doing this outside a tank with no fish then yea just OD the gravel and be prepared to rinse..
I OD tanks when I switch fish around if I am worried.
I make the tank so purple it looks black for a couple days..
Then I change water and hit tank with H202..
Like most meds or oxidizers the more you use the larger the form of life it will kill.

What do you consider to be a killing dose. I can google it. I trust your experience

Ok I mix 75 grams dry into 1 liter water. This will last a very longtime so I use a coke bottle to seal up tight.
This makes 1 drop of solution per gallon of aquarium water yield 1ppm .
Some used to get 'theraputic' use up to 4ppm. Now most stick with 2ppm..
So I figure I double the 4 to 10 and then kill it again with 10 more.:whistle:
So 20ppm or 20 drops[about 1ml] per gallon..
I give it a day to cook..
I love doing fish math !(y)

Nice. Thank you!! I gonna do some science on those worms

Do you do anything special with coke bottle? Rinse and use?

Just rinse it out.
Mine is so old it looks black even 1/2 empty.
DON'T SPILL THIS STUFF ANYWHERE...Most links suggest wearing old clothes !
I use a paper funnel to get dry into bottle and then slowly fill and cap...Fish room towels at the ready.
Have H202 handy to deactivate or possibly remove stain..
It will stain anything it touches including you..

Ok. I only have 9 grams. Assuming my arithmetic is right 120 ML’s should be same conversation. Thank you sir

Almost had an oooops. On a whim I weighed one of the bottles. They said 3 grams. Actual weight was 3.9 grams per. 11.7 grams vs 9. I added water to the mix. Think we are good

If you think the mix is light you can just add a few more drops.
It should be fine as the dose discussed is way over therapeutic range...

If that dose goes clear in a few hours does that mean pp is spent?

YUP ! It should go yellow. For treatments it means you can go one more time that day then you have to wait..
Organics kill it hard and fast...
For your purpose just pour more in..

Back
Top Bottom