Same old betta questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little research suggests that Pimafix and Melafix at 1/5 dosage will be safe. Isolate and Medicate, hon.

-Mac- said:
A little research suggests that Pimafix and Melafix at 1/5 dosage will be safe. Isolate and Medicate, hon.

I was trying to wait it out with pwc but its just looking nasty

My research indicates that fin rot is the visible effect of a fungal &/or bacterial infection, so QT'ing the little guy is a good idea. I moved a cory to the hospital tank when he developed fin rot last week. None of the other fishes are showing signs of having 'caught' it... If it's even contagious. However by isolating him, I'm only medicating one fish as needed rather than the whole tank.

If your betta's solo, I'd do the tank cleaning and pwc now, use the Pimafix and Melafix at 1/5 the dosage for 7 days then a 20% pwc. Rinse and repeat until symptoms are gone.

-Mac- said:
My research indicates that fin rot is the visible effect of a fungal &/or bacterial infection, so QT'ing the little guy is a good idea. I moved a cory to the hospital tank when he developed fin rot last week. None of the other fishes are showing signs of having 'caught' it... If it's even contagious. However by isolating him, I'm only medicating one fish as needed rather than the whole tank.

If your betta's solo, I'd do the tank cleaning and pwc now, use the Pimafix and Melafix at 1/5 the dosage for 7 days then a 20% pwc. Rinse and repeat until symptoms are gone.

Thanks mac :) he's just with some ghost shrimp. I wonder if I can just treat him in there with salt or Bettafix?? I think Bettafix is safe for inverts as well as melafix and pimafix ??

Back
Top Bottom