Same old betta questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His tail fins do have black edges. Should
I treat him for parasites!?

I don't know If u can see in the picture very well... He bloats every time he eats. Every time... It goes down when I don't feed him.

Attachments

• image-626336912.jpg
    image-626336912.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 48
Are you soaking those aqueon pellets before putting them in his tank for consumption?
How often are you feeding?
And other supplements in his diet?

No I didnt soak them and he ate way
To much bc I accidentally got way to much in there bc my fingers were wet from holding the food in the water for a min. I feed him peas sometimes as well. I don't really think it's dropsy... I'm not sure though. I hope it isn't dropsy! Ugh ... Frustrated!!!

HalfMoon B said:
Are you soaking those aqueon pellets before putting them in his tank for consumption?
How often are you feeding?
And other supplements in his diet?

Oh and I've not been feeding him very often bc I'm afraid of the bloating

Here's a front view

Attachments

• image-672890304.jpg
    image-672890304.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 49
Typically every 2-3 days a few pellets is good. Soaking them for a few minutes first will help them expand before being eaten so they don't do it inside his stomach. And no more food than he can eat in 2 minutes...
He is very pretty, and it doesn't look lie dropsy to me. He would look more like a pinecone.
Hype just overate. It can't be thanksgiving every day!

HalfMoon B said:
Typically every 2-3 days a few pellets is good. Soaking them for a few minutes first will help them expand before being eaten so they don't do it inside his stomach. And no more food than he can eat in 2 minutes...

So u think he just ate to much!? Lol I'm terrible at betta keeping. I think imma fast him 2 days and then try a pea and start presoaking his food on tank water! I hate this! Oh and thank u! I think he is vert pretty as well! Hope I dont make his life miserable :(

Nah, he doesn't look miserable at all. Just looks like my family after a holiday meal...
Soaking is something I had to learn too. Solved a LOT of problems with pellets. Flakes don't really expand.
I switch up my guys diet with pellets, flakes, and mealworms as treats. And of course the weekly pea as a system flush

HalfMoon B said:
Nah, he doesn't look miserable at all. Just looks like my family after a holiday meal...
Soaking is something I had to learn too. Solved a LOT of problems with pellets. Flakes don't really expand.
I switch up my guys diet with pellets, flakes, and mealworms as treats. And of course the weekly pea as a system flush

Just tropical flakes? Or are there betta flakes? I may start feeding him flakes more than pellets

Oh and thank u so much for helping me !! I really appreciate it! I'm So paranoid over my fish! Bad experiences learning how to keep them the "right" way lol

There are betta specific foods. I feed mi e HLS or hikari brand. They seem to go over well. Peas once a week too.

HalfMoon B said:
There are betta specific foods. I feed mi e HLS or hikari brand. They seem to go over well. Peas once a week too.

Awesome :) he's stomach went down today so I think I have an over eater on my hands. Lol
I almost freaked out bc he got stuck on the filter intake a min ago but he pulled himself away.. I don't think he was paying attention! Lol he's ok now

Mr. & Mrs. Smith eat Omega One sinking wafers, :lol: (silly devils won't go up for flakes) and Hikari Daphnea and Mysis shrimp on Tue and Thu respectively. By the time they notice the wafer it's nice and soft and I've noticed no bloating. Your guy will be perfectly happy with a high protein pellet if you pre-soak it or two or three flakes that you've minced to a powder in your palm once or twice a day.

-Mac- said:
Mr. & Mrs. Smith eat Omega One sinking wafers, :lol: (silly devils won't go up for flakes) and Hikari Daphnea and Mysis shrimp on Tue and Thu respectively. By the time they notice the wafer it's nice and soft and I've noticed no bloating. Your guy will be perfectly happy with a high protein pellet if you pre-soak it or two or three flakes that you've minced to a powder in your palm once or twice a day.

Thanks Mac ! He looks better today so I think he just needs a change. In his diet. I will work on being a better mom :(

Hey guys! Good news!! We have bubbles :D:Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLosq_qqjV4

Bettas tail is looking pretty bad. I do weekly pwc. Tankmates are ghost shrimp. Should I add some salt ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom