Same old betta questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK..maybe they have changed their betta pellets. They need to be really tiny. The Aqueon pellets I've seen are instead of a tiny round pellet, a sort of tubular shape and some of them are 3x the size of one Hikari pellet. 3 Hikari pellets together are about the size of a bettas eye..which is the amount you want to feed. If in doubt, I recommend you soak them a bit before feeding. :)

I re-read and had missed before you said his belly was bloated. I would feed pea today and if it he still doesn't look better, fast for a couple days. Let us know if his body starts to curl up at all or he's swimming funny.

siva said:
OK..maybe they have changed their betta pellets. They need to be really tiny. The Aqueon pellets I've seen are instead of a tiny round pellet, a sort of tubular shape and some of them are 3x the size of one Hikari pellet. 3 Hikari pellets together are about the size of a bettas eye..which is the amount you want to feed. If in doubt, I recommend you soak them a bit before feeding. :)

I re-read and had missed before you said his belly was bloated. I would feed pea today and if it he still doesn't look better, fast for a couple days. Let us know if his body starts to curl up at all or he's swimming funny.

Yeah these are very tiny round pellets :) I'll try feeding him more peas. I think he's just a complicated betta it seems like it's taking him forever to settle down and relax. I really appreciate all of your help!

The betta food :)

Attachments

• image-3139373012.jpg
    image-3139373012.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 53
OK perfect, those are definitely different than the Aqueon pellets I had. I'm glad they changed that. :)

Good good :) I have a qt tank I can move him to if I need to... Hoping he gets
Better soon but idk. He's even
flaring at me :(

If he is still pretty new that is not uncommon. It will take him a little while to recognize who make the food rain down! Once he does, he will be very loyal though ;)

HalfMoon B said:
If he is still pretty new that is not uncommon. It will take him a little while to recognize who make the food rain down! Once he does, he will be very loyal though ;)

Ok thanks :) hope it's soon lol

Mine do that for the first week or so, even flare at their own reflection!
But they figure it out eventually. When I come home my betta swims up front and center in the tank and does a happy wiggle dance.

HalfMoon B said:
Mine do that for the first week or so, even flare at their own reflection!
But they figure it out eventually. When I come home my betta swims up front and center in the tank and does a happy wiggle dance.

Haha awww good ! Hopefully he'll be that good :) I'm thinking about moving him later so he can be alone bc he don't like the shrimp really. Still hoping his tail will start looking better.

Flossie said:
Haha awww good ! Hopefully he'll be that good :) I'm thinking about moving him later so he can be alone bc he don't like the shrimp really. Still hoping his tail will start looking better.

What is he doing with the shrimp? Is he harassing the , or just flaring?

HalfMoon B said:
What is he doing with the shrimp? Is he harassing the , or just flaring?

He can't stand them! He chases them every chance he gets !! Lol I'm
Not sure if he's flaring at them though...

HalfMoon B said:
Hmmm, what kind of shrimp? Do they have hiding places? Like plants or driftwood, even some fake caves?

Ghost shrimp. There are plants and a rock with holes...

Attachments

• image-833620666.jpg
    image-833620666.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 54
They have plenty of cover for when they are molting is seems. As long as he is not physically attacking or biting them yet, I would say give it time.

HalfMoon B said:
They have plenty of cover for when they are molting is seems. As long as he is not physically attacking or biting them yet, I would say give it time.

Ok thanks for all your advice :) it's greatly appreciated :)

Glad that you fund us here, and glad that you are so eager to learn!
I am relatively new to the site myself, but it's a great community here!

HalfMoon B said:
Glad that you fund us here, and glad that you are so eager to learn!
I am relatively new to the site myself, but it's a great community here!

Thank u :) I'm glad I did too :) definitely here to learn :) it is pretty great lots of help here

So my fingers were wet and I got to much food in the tank once I could get to it my betta had already ate a lot and I left a bit in for the shrimp... My betta is so bloated... I guess I should fast him for 2 days?? He's weird. I don't think I like bettas bc
I evidently cannot care for them!! Lol any advice on what to do? Seems like he bloats every time he eats. He is so bloated right now I think his scales are poking out a little.. I don't know how to make sure my shrimp are eating enough an he is not eating to much. I'm really frustrated

Your shrimp will find food, algea in the tank, leftover food on the bottom. You can get them algae wafers too...
As for your betta, if his scales are poking out its probably not bloat, it may be dropsy...

HalfMoon B said:
Your shrimp will find food, algea in the tank, leftover food on the bottom. You can get them algae wafers too...
As for your betta, if his scales are poking out its probably not bloat, it may be dropsy...

It wasn't like that until he ate so much... Is dropsy contagious? I have three other tanks :/

Back
Top Bottom