Swordtail White Spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindyk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank. It is mostly Tetra, Pladdies, Guppies and has 2 larger Guorami fish. I also have 2 swordtails and one has this white spot that looks like a pimple on the base of his tail. I have treated the tank using Maracyn Plus 2, Paraguard, Melafixin, and aquarium salt (not all at the same time). He has had this spot for a while. We recently bought a RH filter and we process our water through that. The water reads a perfect 0 for all chemicals/particles when we change our water now. From my tests today my tank has a PH of 7.15, the ammonia is about .1 ppm, the nitrites are similar and the nitrates tested at 10 ppm. I have a Marineland canister filter and a Marineland over the top bio wheel filter. The swordtail swims and acts normal he just has a bump. I have baby pladdies that are living and growing so I take that as a good sign. Any suggestions as to what the white spot is and how I can get rid of it I would greatly appreciate! Thank you!

Attachments

• Swordtail spot 2w.jpg
    Swordtail spot 2w.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Swordtail Spot.jpg
    Swordtail Spot.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 64
  • Swordtail3.jpg
    Swordtail3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Swordtail4.jpg
    Swordtail4.jpg