What is this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iowaguy27

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I got two channel cats from a pet store and noticed one that was in the same tank that mine came out of had these spots on it. The guy at the store said it was fungus. At that time the ones I got didn't have the spots. Now they are everywhere on my two fish. I attached some pics even though they didn't come out very well. I treated the water as if it was ich but want to make sure. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 1390090511660.jpg
    1390090511660.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 1390090524362.jpg
    1390090524362.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 75
Looks like Ich to me...and maybe some fin rot? That could just be a bad pic though. The store should not have sold you any fish from a contaminated tank.

if they had diseased companions they should not have been sold. looks like ich to me but the pics a little blurry

Thanks that's what I thought it was. What's is the best way to treat it? I got this awhile ago but never have really been success full at treating rich the very few times I've had it. I am a little upset that the store sold me these won't be going there again.
qeru2uve.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

read this

well, what are the active ingredients? If it's the herbal stuff, I've heard bad reviews about it. There is an article on ich here. Read over it all to better understand what you're dealing with. It's got good advice.

also make sure your water is good to provide optimum conditions for your fish to battle the disease.

I used API super Ich cure and it worked really well. It's a really aggressive parasite though so get started quickly. Also, aquarium salt can help make your fish's gills stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom