Box fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwfulArabella

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a white box fish with black spots and don't no much about her can anyone tell me how you no if it's a boy or a girl and any other stuff about them?

Here's some pics

Attachments

• image-3592932446.jpg
    image-3592932446.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1117265848.jpg
    image-1117265848.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image-772236129.jpg
    image-772236129.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1146647191.jpg
    image-1146647191.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 91
Like longhorn cowfish, box fish can release a toxin capable of killing other fish, inverts, and themselves. These fish can get to be at least two feet long.

Yeah I no all that I'm willing to take my chances once he or she isn't stressed she should be fine in the place I get my fish they said they e seen it happen twice in 4 years there not bad odds

Yeah but all the work I put into my tank so far I don't even want to take the slightest chance

But think about it any fish is capable of the destruction of your other fish at the end of the day most of them are scavengers and capable of killing one another and I wouldn't miss out on this little guy cause he is so friendly and if he was gonna self distruct don't you think he would have done it in the shop when they tried to catch him or when he was in the bag on the way home, they were possibly the scariest times in his little life I have him in with non aggressive fish they all sleep together and are really fond of one an other so I think I'll be just fine if not you live you learn thanks for the article and concern :)

I understand your int of view but it just a risk I don't want to take best of luck with her:)

I no and trust me I thought long and hard about it but everytime I went to the fish shop they'd get ones as small as the nail on my baby finger and no joke my eyes would well up I can't even deal with how adorable they are haha :)

I know what I mean my Lfs has a blue hippo that's really small and I've considered getting him only to raise him till he gets a little bigger cause the get big and then selln him but I think it's cruel to do that so I prob won't get it

Yeah my brother got a hippo tang and he has a new tank on the way cause he can't bear the thought of trading her in for a smaller one I couldn't do it either I get way to attached haha

Back
Top Bottom