help identifing these

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tryin2make63

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

one is a coral but dont know what kind

one is a alage but dont know what kind

one is a filter feeder but dont know what kind

Be careful when placing other coral around those Galaxea, as they have long stinger tentacles that will extend several inches at night in search for food. If they sweep across other coral in your tank they can sting and cause serious damage to the coral it stings. It also needs a high level of light to perform photosynthesis which is where it gets most of its nutritional needs. It also needs a decent level of flow, but not a high level of flow otherwise it will develop brown jelly disease.

you know i have watch my galaxe touch my other corals and have no problems its weird

and i read they like high Miltie directional flow i could be wrong though

Yeah if you don't have surging flow from random directions leave them at the LFS. Plus if you have flow going at them constantly from one direction thats just killing them. Same goes for little or no flow UNLESS a turkey blaster is used once a day to clear detrius off them.

thanks guys... how sure are we of the coral? it has lived in my tank on a clam that was stuck on some live rock. been there since i started my tank. tough little corea

the alage is on a power head. i tore it off once and came back in the same spot. best way to get rid of it is.....?

and the fether duster, thats what i thaught it eas but where did it come from. do i need to get rid of them?

No the featherduster is good, they filter feed and don't harm anything. I'm 99.99% sure that's a Galaxea. Several people have agreed so it is almost certainly one. Best way to get rid of algae is to get rid of what it feeds on ie Nitrates and Phosphates. Test your water to see what the levels of those two are. Also cutting down on feeding will help reduce the levels of those.

Back
Top Bottom