White tape worm in my torch coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok. My torch has been having problems with one head dying and another on its way out. All water params are good. I thought I would try spot feeding and all of a sudden a white very flat worm,looked to be almost the same texture as the coral, made its way out on the tenticles. I tryed to garb it with tweezers and when i pinched I missed and it moved faster than i thought it would and i could'nt get another chance. I could find my camera in time,sorry. Any ideas of what this could be and is it harming my coral? TIA.

Sounds like a flatworm. How big was it. Really need a picture if he happens to show back up. It may or may not be what's wrong with your coral but certainly sounds suspicious and I would remove it if you can find it again.

It was about 1/2" wide and 2-3" long. I saw it again, fiance had camera, and this time i got a hold of it but when I pinched it and pulled it ripped in two and then went into the rocks.

If it's on the coral, I'd remove it. Even if it's not harmful it could be irritating the coral and causing issues. Since it is a larger worm, I'd continue to try to manually remove it. Or maybe syphon it off with some airline tubing. HTH

Back
Top Bottom