Crazy aquarium experiences???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeysdiscus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just thought I'd like to share mine and hear of others crazy experiences I. Their tanks :) mine is that when I had a crayfish in my tank there was a pregnant guppy full of about thirty fry ready to pop I guess it was her final day before giving birth because she couldn't move off the bottom of the tank she was soo fat! Anyway I just came in the door from being out one night and as we do first thing checked the tank... I lent down to look in the tank and my crayfish ran across the bottom and I noticed he was heading for my pregnant guppy! He grabbed her I was soo angry hitting the glass then the next thing he bit into her stomach and all these little guppy fry came spewing out all over the tank although it was sad to see the mum die it was just amazing to see a crayfish perform a caesarean. All the fry survived but moral of the story don't keep crayfish with fish. P.s this was a long time ago before I knew anything about aquariums etc!

that sounds bloody.....my friend woke up with like 3 babyu molly frys floating and missing there heads and then he had a african dwarf frogs stomach shredded open........i took his "demon" fish and there doing fine

I had both my loaches swim inside my fake wood structure from the bottom holes (its not meant to have fish inside it) my cichlid dug out under it and the loaches swam in they were in there for a full week I had to take it out and shake and beat on it till one came out the other one (the bigger of the 2 and the more stupid) got wedged and I had to use chopsticks to get it out after it stabbed the crap outta me. I ended up plugging the holes with foam padding and put them in my bigger tank. LoL and this wasn't the first time the larger one has been trapped in something or gotten buried there fun to watch but stupid stupid fish

I had both my loaches swim inside my fake wood structure from the bottom holes (its not meant to have fish inside it) my cichlid dug out under it and the loaches swam in they were in there for a full week I had to take it out and shake and beat on it till one came out the other one (the bigger of the 2 and the more stupid) got wedged and I had to use chopsticks to get it out after it stabbed the crap outta me. I ended up plugging the holes with foam padding and put them in my bigger tank. LoL and this wasn't the first time the larger one has been trapped in something or gotten buried there fun to watch but stupid stupid fish

Are they yoyos by any chance? My yoyos were the dumbest fish alive! Hilarious to watch, but seemingly with no survival instinct. Lol

This probably doesn't count but, one day all 3 of my ghost shrimp disappeared, I think they got eaten. Lol

My molly buried herself. She is really aggressive when it comes to food. One of the ghost shrimp grabbed a piece of algae wafer and took it behind a rock formation. The molly forced her way behind it and then got stuck. She started flopping around and stirred up the sand. By the time I got to the tank she had almost buried herself. I had to pull her out of the sand. I now make sure all decorations are far enough away from the tank wall for her to get in and out. She has gotten stuck several times. One of these days I am not going to be around in time to save her.

I had a betta baby I named Buddy that was such an odd fish. One day I noticed that he hadn't eaten all his food (freeze-dried bloodworms as that was all his mouth could handle, before I knew better) and so I grabbed my net to clean them out. This was probably like an hour later, as all of my bettas have been odd in that they like their food really wet. If I followed the two-or three-minute rule, my bettas would never get to eat. Well, I start cleaning the old food only to discover the little brat had been hiding food all over the tank in places I could not see without taking the lid off. I was so mad and so disgusted. I went here (how I got started here) and decided to get a snail to go with him. I got an olive nerite and added her to the betta tank as carefully as I could, letting her crawl out of the bag on her own and all that jazz. My ever curious little friend went to check her out like I knew he would. The snail touched Buddy's face with one of her little feelers, sending my "fighting fish" into a panic attack. He went zipping faster than a cheetah at full sprint into the moon rock cave and would not come out for over an hour. I laughed so hard, I couldn't breathe. He never went near its head again.

Also i had a week old molly that got stuck under a rock and i think it thought it was dead cuz it didnt move for like 10 seconds when i lift the rock......i had to poke the fish

I have a small school peppered Cory's in one of my anks and everyday without fail when I turn the light on they are playing sideways leapfrog with each other, all three just tumbling around. It's like my own private little Cory cat circus each morning for the last two weeks.

One of my Kribs, I'm pretty sure he's been stuck in there and now is dead! Can you believe it???!!!

image-2748026544.jpg

Story # 1 - I sucked up a male betta in the syphon during a water change. I noticed it and then tried to turn the water on so it would blow him out...but the water wasn't working, it just poured around him and it was pushing his fins around. So I pulled the tube off the sink and blew in it with my mouth and blew him out! It was crazy.

Story # 2 - I have have a Geophagus juripari and he sucked up a rock and it got stuck in his gill. I caught him and put him in a small cup to try to figure out what to do. So as I held the fish in a towel my girlfriend pulled it out with a pair of tweezers. It worked! He is doing good now.

Back
Top Bottom