Have you ever worked in a Fish Store ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to know the experiences of people who have worked in fish stores and if they have changed the way they see fish keeping since then..

Many people think that hobby and work can never be combined perfectly. What is your opinion??

:)

I started working at a fish store just over a month ago, and it's awesome. It's a really nice break from the real-world application of my Bachelor's degrees... I just kind of decided that I am done with normal jobs for now. I don't make much money, but I have more job satisfaction than I ever have, and I get a wicked sweet employee discount on whatever I want.

My only caution is that you should watch out if you are as addicted as I am. I have 5 tanks currently, and I am planning another 55 FW and a 90 SW!!!

i applied at my LFS, but they never called back. I've got to go in and ask about that.

I am applying at another LFS that just opened in my area.

But no, never worked in one, but as you can see I WANT TO!

i actually really wanted to work at my petsmart, as the whole staff practically recognized me, but i ended up getting a higher page job somewhere very different.

still i think i'd like to combine my hobby and job into one

I've been working in fish stores since 1989. It has definitely changed the way I view fishkeeping. Not only do I have my personal experiences to deal with, I also have all of those experienced vicariously through my customers and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom