30gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbone112219

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is the setup I have going. I am really liking the planted tank look. I still have some work to do with it like planting the plants in the gravel instead of leaving them in the baskets. Any ideas of things to add to it?

Attachments

• image-3327673125.jpg
    image-3327673125.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1898364019.jpg
    image-1898364019.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 69
Welcome to the planted side! It's a great venture and I'm sure both you and your fish will enjoy a more natural environment with live plants. Question though.. was that tall grassy plant labeled "Mondo grass" by any chance? If so, it's not fully aquatic. It will melt fully submerged.

Also that Java Fern on the left shouldn't be planted in the substrate/gravel... it feeds from the water column and the rhizomes shouldn't be covered. Instead, you can attach it with some cotton thread or fishing line to some driftwood or stone.

Speaking of Driftwood... a nice piece of Malaysian, Mopani, or Manzanita DW would be a nice focal point IMO.

My only other critique at this point is to invest in a substrate more suited for planted tanks. Something like Eco Complete would be a good choice. It comes in black as well as red if you want to maintain a color close to that gravel. It looks more natural, has trace elements, and the plants would root well in it.

Back
Top Bottom