Chaeto or other plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Can Chaetomorpha Algae live in freshwater?

I had some odd little crazy plants that looked similar to that, since I don't recall seeing it in person, I just can't be sure if it was some other type plant.

It was a little swirl twirl which never seemed to get over a couple inches in diameter, a firm springy feel no leaves or anything, about 1mm or less in diameter looks like little curled stems. Sorry no pics. Just had a few of them and don't know that I have noticed any for awhile, in my spare plants bucket or floating plants.

I don't think chaeto can grow in fresh water, and I'm having a hard time picturing what you're describing. Maybe utricularia gibba?

I don't think chaeto can grow in fresh water, and I'm having a hard time picturing what you're describing. Maybe utricularia gibba?

Hi, That is a cool plant but that isn't it.

Yah, sorry about not having a pic or better details, it was a cute little plant that always was in my floating plants and was received with a bag of plants from someone long ago. Seeing a pic of Chaeto made me think of it.

The Clematis plants dried seed pod would be similarly shaped though just about 8 stems or whatever they are not seeds on the ends. Or another way to describe it would be the snide plants berry pods in Dr. Seuss' book Pale Green Pants, the ones he was picking berries from, lol

I will look up some other options to see If I can come up with it.

Back
Top Bottom