Do you Grow land plants as well?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hashbaz said:
I decided to go with aquatic plants because you don't have to remember to water them!

Then I'm not the only one, but who would have thought it was more involved then growing other plants.

But my gardening history is a tragic story of death.. I think I actually killed a plastic plant once..

I have house plants which I water with old tank water. :) In my old house I had a garden and several flowerbeds and landscaping. The new house also has a garden and I plan on several flower beds as well. It is a beautifully landscaped yard and I intend to add a koi pond this summer and a 2 tiered deck.

Some pics from my old yard...
28.jpg

1002054.jpg

1002055.jpg

1002056.jpg

New yard....

1002579_1.jpg

1002580_1.jpg

1002578_1.jpg

Zezmo...LOL...I also had no idea that there was such a thing as aquatic plants suitable for aquariums. I love to garden! I have (in the proper season) two container gardens and three perennial gardens. When I found out about aquatic aquarium plants, I discovered many new species to collect! :)

Here are some of my terrestrial pictures:

Deck_annuals_1.jpg

Deck_annuals_5.jpg

Deck_annuals_3.jpg

Deck_annuals_4.jpg

Deck_annuals_2.jpg

Front_alcove_annuals.jpg

Perennials_1.jpg

Perennials_2.jpg

Perennials_3.jpg

Perennials_5.jpg

Perennials_4.jpg

All these beautiful pictures are making me really crave spring!! Still over 3' of snow on the ground though :x

Over three feet - wow! We have a few inches of snow now and we're supposed to get maybe up to 7-8 inches in the next few days. Lows have been in the single digits and teens for the last few weeks. There are a few tender perennials that I'm worried about. :( We haven't been that cold for that long for about 10 years.

Zagz, I love your rock wall! You can do some interesting things with that, as far as plants bordering the wall and spilling over or some tall plants. I like a fence too - so many possibilities for planting around it.

Back
Top Bottom