FW planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joanne000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to put a powerhead low in my planted 10 gal tank, for water movement, without sucking all my fish or sand substrate up. I have seen the accuclear and quick filter, but would rather use a ? foam sleave (cover) over the intake. Were do you find them??? I would think I would be looking for some type of prefilter??? I have a few aquatic catalogs, but haven't seen anything that could be used. One other question are all powerheads submergable... I will most likley get the accuclear, but the power sweep looks interesting???

joanne000 Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)

Is this for a FW or SW tank?

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
joanne000 Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)Is this for a FW or SW tank?CheersSteve
FW planted. I took out my air stones that I had in each the two front corners to reduce surface distubance. I want to circulate the water more than just the return of water from the aquaclear mini. I like the look of some water movement around the plants and avoid all the dead spots that I have now.

Sorry, can't help but moving to the FW general discussion forum for better advice!!

Good luck
Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom