Major beginner (me) needs help with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beginner on the loose

Aquarium Advice Regular
So! I have recently decided that my 20 gallon aquarium will now be started over and almost everything re-done (including substrate, livestock, plants and more)because I currently have no fishies in stock :( The full plan is this... (bear with me for a second, if any items on this list do not match up with keeping live plants please tell me!)

-1- Buy real stand for aquarium
-2- Buy needed ammount of sand
-3- Buy Airstone
-4- Buy Driftwood
-5- Buy Aquarium rock
-6- Finish Decor
-7- Setup 10 gallon quarentine / sick tank
-8- Buy liveplants slowly
-9- Buy livestock slower
-10- Average Maintenence

So! It should be clear that I am a beginner at plants etc. so also if you could give me low cost good beginner plant suggestions for my tank that would be great! I hope I didnt leave anything out of my list, if I need somthing else to succesfully raise freshwater live plants please inform me. Thanks so much for getting all the way to the end of this first post and congrats :) Thanks for the help!

Make sure you have the correct lighting and supplements for your plants. What type of fish do you plan on ? Just go full saltwater !!!

Hope I was help and good luck on your new tank post pics.

You don't need to add plants too slowly. The can really help with cycling. Are you going to cycle fish-in or fishless? If fishless makes buy ammonia to the list.

Glow fish danios (in a school)
3 Angelfish
a couple of corys
1 pleco
maybe some swordtails
maybe some ghost glass cats in a school
(alot im still working out)

You should add good beginner plants like the following: java moss, java fern, hornwort (one of the fastest growing plants you can get. Sometimes grow an inch a day), Anubias.

Go to thegreenmachineonline.com and have a read and view their youtube channel. They are very knowledgeable and friendly in store. Good luck.

Go to thegreenmachineonline.com and have a read and view their youtube channel. They are very knowledgeable and friendly in store. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom