plants that are easy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edward198

Aquarium Advice Regular
Starting a planted aquarium and want something easy to work with! Something that can grow easily in most lights and gravel as well as looking fairly effective!

Crypts, anubias, java fern, hornwort, java moss, bolbitus (spelling?), and wisteria will all grow in low light. For the anubias, javafern, and bolbitus you should tie them to driftwood and hornwort is for floating. These plants will grow very easily and for the crypts you'll need root tabs.

Crypts, anubias, java fern, hornwort, java moss, bolbitus (spelling?), and wisteria will all grow in low light. For the anubias, javafern, and bolbitus you should tie them to driftwood and hornwort is for floating. These plants will grow very easily and for the crypts you'll need root tabs.

Thanks can't wait to get started!

Personally I've successfully killed every plant at one time or another except for java ferns, I've let everything go for months before and those seem to always look good no matter what. Good luck and have fun!

All of the above are great suggestions. I swear I could grow anubias in the dark, I never have trouble from that plant. Everyone says duckweed is super easy to grow. I should sell my aquarium water as duckweed repellent. I can't grow it at all.

All of the above are great suggestions. I swear I could grow anubias in the dark, I never have trouble from that plant. Everyone says duckweed is super easy to grow. I should sell my aquarium water as duckweed repellent. I can't grow it at all.

You might have fish eating it. Because it is literally impossible to kill that stuff.

Java fern, java moss, anubias, and bolbitus is pretty much all you can grow if you have reallllyyy low light. if you have pretty low light, add crypts and you have a very very nice looking tank if you do it right. If you have low-medium light you get into a bunch of new stuff. water wisteria, water sprite, hygrophilia brown/green. Temple hygro. Amazon swords. Might be able to grow some easier rotala and ludwigia stems.

All depends on your lighting. Anymore questions, pm me.

I got some duckweed in my African cichlid tank. U guys think that will harm them? Don't mean to intrude on the topic. Couldn't figure out how to post. LoL

Back
Top Bottom